Thursday 30 April 2009

Reggae Show Bows Out

Well it would seem Mark Lamarr's Reggae Show on BBC Radio is no more. The final programme was broadcast on Thursday 2nd of April 2009.

So I suppose we should attempt to catalogue and archive every programme. What do you say?

I shall get around to re-uploading all I have and seeking out links those I don't but let's face, this job will be made a lot easier if I know there are people out there reading this who want it to happen, or better still can contribute something themselves.

10 comments:

  1. thanks carry on posting great to relisten sadly a very underated programme

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do post more. Really lovin it!

    -Thanks
    gmg

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog- and it's my introduction here in new york to mr lamarr's reggae show. wow. bittersweet that it's now finished. but thank you!
    brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I've just happened upon your excellent blog, I've got a few of the Reggae shows archived, if you want me to send them to you reply to this comment and I'll give you my email etc
    Thanks
    Garry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Garry, thanks for the offer. I'm sure there will be a great many people here beside me who will appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. only just found this blog. please don't stop now. looking to hear all those old shows listed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give thanks for posting and making available the shows. Can't understand why the BBC has lost its interest in having a quality reggae show. It is time that they come back with shows like this one. Also enjoyed the dub show with Brinsley Forde. Big Up for your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! A bit late but where can I find archived shows? Also I have six or so to share from 2005 ish. My favourite being the one with Mikey General & Luciano together.
    Cheers,

    S
    s1.gud76@gmial.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, rapidshare have deleted all the files. See http://the-reggae-style.blogspot.com for new uploads :)

    ReplyDelete